Post by jack-o-ℓacey 🎃 on Mar 19, 2017 2:39:10 GMT
with all the wonderful new members joining lately, i thought it might be helpful to put together a newbie guide! this is basically an explanation and link directory for all the most useful things one might need when first joining milk!
hello! welcome to milk! we are so glad that you decided to join our happy little community ♥ here are some of the first things you will want to do directly after registering:
1. read the rules! i know most forums have the same rules for the most part-- be nice, be respectful, don't steal, etc-- but if you are brand new to milk and especially if you are brand new to the babyz community i highly recommend reading over our rules thread anyway! it contains a lot of important, bc-specific guidelines and information.
2. introduce yourself! we place a big importance on community here at milk, and we also love new members! getting yourself acquainted with the other members here is the best way to jump in and be part of things. for the privacy of our members, we do remove any accounts which still have 0 posts after two weeks of being registered, so introducing yourself is also a great way to avoid that happening to you.
3. take a look through the bc dictionary! the bc dictionary will explain any strange terminology we may use here and is a great way to start learning the ins and outs of our community.
4. read about milk's currency, milk-bottle caps, and open a bank account! once you start earning caps you can use them to purchase exclusive items for your game.
5. complete the newbie quest to earn up to 300 caps! see the reply below this post for details :)
6. if you are having trouble finding your footing or would just like a little extra hand-holding to learn your way through milk, you can always sign up for a milk buddy!
if you've been looking around the forum, you've likely seen babyz wearing fancy hexed clothes or playing with super cute hexed toys! there are a few different ways to get some shiny new goodies for your game.
1. babyz.org is the best place to go for free clothes and toy downloads!
2. some members have free clothes, toys, or baby downloads on their websites. you can find a convenient list of babyz websites in this thread.
3. if you're looking for the latest fashions, save up some caps and spend them on mootique avenue! this is the area of the forum where members sell the clothes and toys they hex in exchange for caps. most mootiques are updated regularly and change stock with the seasons and holidays so there's always something new to buy!
of course, once you join you're going to want to adopt a pretty baby so you can join in on all the fun! babyz take quite a lot of work to hex and as each baby is unique in his or her own way, hexers can be a little bit protective of their creations. however, as long as you have posted around the forum a bit, have been friendly, respectful, and polite, and have shown that you are making an effort to be part of the community, you will normally have no problem adopting a hexed baby fairly soon after joining! hexers here genuinely love to adopt babyz out to new members-- we just don't want our hexies to disappear!
to make it a little bit easier for new members, though, we have a newbie adoption thread to get you started! as long as you have been a member for under two weeks you can pick out a baby for free!
if a hexer or member has been kind enough to let you adopt a baby, it is a great idea to post photos or a banner of the baby and introduce them to the forum! tell us what you named them and how they are fitting in! even enter a pageant or two! the more you participate in the forum with your babyz, the more hexers will be willing and even enthusiastic to adopt babyz out to you. ♥
once you've got a baby and are settled in, you may wonder what sorts of activities there are for you to join in on at milk! what ways can you get involved?
1. start a family thread! the cul-de-sac is where you can post a thread showing off your babyz. you can post any banners or photos you make in there and update it as often as you like! after you've been at milk for three months, you can apply to have your own house sub-board, where you can post multiple threads and customize everything exactly how you want it!
2. enter pageants! pageants are a huge scene at milk and a great way to get involved! if you register your baby with bcrs, they can earn points each time they place in a pageant, and once they earn enough points they can retire with honors and maybe even a special title.
3. learn to hex and open a mootique! hexing is a huge part of the community and is a really creative and fun way to give back and earn caps while doing it!
4. participate in events! milk holds events almost every month as well as theme days once a week, and participating in them is a great way to just jump in, get involved, and have some fun!
5. collect badges to show off your achievements! the more you participate in things on milk, the more shiny badges you will be able to earn and add to your collection.
so, you want to learn to hex babyz, clothes, or toyz for yourself! that's great! hexing is one of the things that keeps this community alive and thriving even after so many years.
our milk resource area has a large variety of wonderful tutorials for every kind of hexing. if you have any trouble or if you get stuck, you can always ask for help in the clinic.
if your question was not answered here, you can ask in the clinic or just reply to this thread! if you have a suggestion for something to add to the newbie guide, please feel free to reply here as well!