Post by Jen on Jul 15, 2012 14:37:18 GMT -5
The Milk Rules
- You must be at least 13 years old to register and post on Milk, per Proboards TOS.
- One account per person. If you return and can't remember your login for your old account, you may make a new account and/or a moo can help you sort the info for the previous one but please stick to one account after that.
- You must agree to Proboard's Terms of Service here.
- Usernames can be anything you like but be aware that we use the tagging feature quite a lot here, so people will be tagging you by [your username] ALL the time. best to make it easy/short and something you won't be embarrassed by because soon everyone will know it! we recommend making it just your name or the name you plan on going by.
- Display names must be names with no numbers. They don't have to be your real name, but please try to make it a name or nickname that everyone would feel comfortable calling you, preferably something that actually sounds namelike! Nothing overly vulgar or weird.
- Symbols in names (such as "Lacey ⛅️") are reserved only for those who have won them in contests here at Milk. Any symbols that have not been earned will be removed by a staff member. You may use one fancy character (such as "Ꮭilibet") as long as it is not hard to read.
- New accounts will be deleted if you don't make a post within 14 days. The easiest way to to make sure this doesn't happen to you is to post an introduction here! Accounts with less than 10 posts after 3 months will also be removed.
- If you are confused or need some guidance, feel free to request a Milk Buddy to help you learn the ropes!
- All posts must be written in English (per Proboards TOS). If you write anything in another language, please provide an English translation in the same post.
- Please use proper spelling and grammar to the best of your ability. We do understand that English may not be your first language, but please try your best.
- Signatures are to be no bigger than 820px x 300px including text. Avatars are automatically resized by the forum if they are bigger than 150x230. You may use an external image host to have a picture of a baby as your avatar. Broken signature/avatar images will be removed.
- You may double post but do not spam.
- No discussing or posting links to other forums. You may link to them in your signature with permission, though.
- Posts asking for real money donations from our members (for non-hexing related things) are frowned upon. If you must post something like this, please ask permission from a staff member first.
- Our hexers here at Milk are to be treated with respect! They are not hexing machines put on Earth to fill your every whim immediately. They are real people with jobs and lives and families and they may take as long as they need to get to a request. If you have a problem with the amount of time a hexer is taking to fill your request, you may PM them once to ask for a status update. Staff will not intervene if a hexer has not filled a request.
- You may not ask a hexer (publicly or privately) for a hexed baby/item unless they have requests up or they have otherwise offered (for example if you have a coupon). You also may not hint, imply, guilt, or wink wink nudge nudge in any way, that you would like something by them. This also includes when a hexer puts up adoptions and limited/popcorn requests; an example of this is telling the hexer how much you want the baby or how much you want to be picked. They know you want to be picked. Everyone wants to be picked. If you would like a baby, hairstyle, or hexed item by a certain hexer, you must wait until they take requests or put up an adoption or until you are selected, just like everyone else.
- Theft of hairstyle codes or non-game clothing base codes, even if it's just a few lines of code, is absolutely not permitted. If we find out about it, you will receive a PM and an increased warning level, and if we find out you've done it again after that, you will be banned from Milk. Hexing is hard work, and we do not take code theft lightly. You may only use someone else's codes if the hexer themselves has given you permission to use it, or if it has been released as a free haircode or an editable/recolorable base. If you are unsure, it is always a good idea to simply ask the hexer rather than just do it and find out later that you were wrong.
- Hexers' Rehoming and Rehexing rules are considered law as long as they have been posted by the hexer themselves, or on behalf of the hexer via a verifiable source. The only exception is if a hexer has not been around in 2 years or longer; in that case you may rehome the babyz on Milk, however, the hexer's rules on rehexing the baby will still stand.
- Check the hexers' rules first before PMing or messaging a hexer to ask about updating a baby. Chances are, the hexer may have rules about such things. If there are none, feel free to try and ask, however, be aware that a hexer is not obligated to update a baby for you. Never ever request that a hexer update a baby for you in a public post on the forum unless it is a post specifically created by the hexer for update requests.
- If you have a problem with a member, please do not post about it in the open forum. Instead, PM them and discuss it privately. If necessary, you may get a moderator involved, but we will only intervene in member affairs if we are asked to or if someone is breaking a rule.
- Please show respect to your fellow members. We are a very tight-knit community and we do not tolorate unnecessary rudeness.
- Milk is supportive of every single one of our members regardless of race, gender, orientation, religion, or identity. Any discrimination or hate speech will not be tolerated on this forum and will result in warnings and eventual bans. Milk is intended to be a safe place and a home away from home for everyone and I'd like to ask everyone to try and keep it that way. Please don't hesitate to approach me (ℓacey ☀️ ) if you notice any kind of discrimination or yuckiness on the forum.
- Also respect your staff members! We work very hard to keep the forum exciting and fun for everyone! If a staff member approaches you privately about an issue, please do not respond rudely or insult the staff member in any way. All staff members regardless of ranking are to be treated as authority in forum matters.
Breaking any of the above rules more than once will result in an increased warning level on your profile (staff member's discretion). If you break two rules in a 24 hour period your warning level will go to 100% and you will be banned for a period decided by the moo team. Your warning level will go down once we feel you have learned and understood enough to not do it again.
If you are uncertain as to whether or not something is against the rules please feel free to ask a staff member.